This cross industry report provides the results of a survey to identify occupations that are experiencing, or may experience shortages of available staff, in the UK construction sector.
The findings of the report are based on the results of a cross-industry survey supported by 276 companies which collectively employ more than 160,000 workers.
Construction & building trades supervisors (SOC Code: 5330) are consistently reported as a shortage occupation. This is true both now, and is forecast by respondents to be the case post-Brexit.
The research also found the following roles are frequently seen as shortage occupations:
- general labourer (SOC Code: 9120)
- quantity surveyors(SOC Code: 2433)
- construction project manager(SOC Code: 2436)
- civil engineer (SOC Code: 5319)
- bricklayer (SOC Code: 5312)
- carpenter (SOC Code: 5315)
- plant and machine operatives (SOC Code: 8229)
- production managers and directors in construction (SOC Code: 1122)
- chartered surveyor (SOC Code: 2434)
Download the report here.