Net Zero & Biodiversity
Accelerating the sector’s transition to Net Zero and mitigating the impacts of climate change.
- Draw on the expertise of the Green Construction Board to drive action around the Construct Zero 9 priorities including:
- Construction activity: recycle & reduce waste and minimise whole life carbon impact of projects (targeting steel and cement).
- Buildings: minimise operational carbon through retrofit & higher energy efficiency standards for new buildings.
- Transport: accelerating the roll out of zero emission plant and vehicles.
- Enhance resource efficiency (water).
- Increase biodiversity and environmental net gain.
Version 1 of BSI Flex 350, Alternative Binder Systems for Lower Carbon Concrete – Code of Practice, has now been released
Minister for Business Nusrat Ghani MP joins industry leaders today to launch a plan to eliminate the use of diesel from most UK construction sites.
The Construction Leadership Council has welcomed the publication of Our Shared Understanding: a circular economy in the built environment, which unites the industry for a
Energy Bills Discount Scheme” for UK businesses, charities, and the public sector from April
CLC has endorsed the publication of Greening the UK’s Skills, which outlines the challenge faced by the UK in meeting its climate change commitments
The Sustainable Energy Association report published today outlines the remaining policy gaps and steps the Government must take to achieve net zero by 2050