The Construction Leadership Council has published the first sector-wide skills plan for construction, developed by Industry.
The Industry Skills Plan for the UK Construction Sector 2021-25 sets out the key skills challenges facing construction and how they will be tackled.
The plan sets out a series of clear actions and commitments for both industry and Government to help meet these challenges, grouped under the following four areas: Careers; Standards and Qualifications; Training, Education and Development; and Culture and Working Environment.
- Creating Talent View, a one-stop-shop portal for new entrants
- Recruiting 7,000 construction STEM Ambassadors
- Developing an industry standard for work experience
- Producing competence frameworks
- New training standards for Net Zero and Smart Construction
- A pledge to promote direct employment
Details of how to get involved in these commitments will follow in the coming weeks.
The CLC has produced an informative video here.
Today’s press release can be found here.