14 October 2019
- Construction output increased by 0.1% in the three-month on three-month all work series in August 2019; this was driven by a rise in new work of 0.5% but offset by a fall in repair and maintenance of 0.8%.
- In new work, the increase in the three-month on three-month series in August 2019 was driven by private new housing, private commercial and public new housing, with rises of 1.0%, 0.9% and 3.6% respectively.
- In repair and maintenance, the fall in the three-month on three-month series in August 2019 was largely because of the 3.5% decline in private housing repair and maintenance, with a smaller contribution from a 0.2% fall in non-housing repair and maintenance.
- Construction output increased by 0.2% in the month-on-month all work series in August 2019; this was driven by a rise of 1.1% in repair and maintenance, offset somewhat by a fall in new work of 0.2%.
- Data have been revised back to January 2010 as this release contains the annual updates that will be included in the Blue Book 2019 due to be published on 31 October 2019. Information about the revisions can be found in the ONS release.