The Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities has launched a consultation on changes to the building control profession and the building control process for approved inspectors (in future to be known as registered building control approvers) in England.
This consultation sets out the detailed requirements needed to implement the changes brought about by the Building Safety Act 2022. It seeks views on:
- Approved inspectors becoming registered building control approvers, and implications for their existing work
- Restriction of activities and functions for building control bodies, both public and private
- Length of registrations period for building control approvers and building inspectors
- Oversight, sanctions and appeals
- Initial notices
- Plans certificates
- Information gathering
- Consultations with other regulators.
The consultation closes at 11:45pm on 14 March 2023 and more details can be found here.