Dragons’ Den Competition for Young Professionals in the Construction Industry
The CLC and BEIS have launched a Dragon’s Den style competition, sponsored by the Builders Merchants Federation (BMF), targeted at young professionals in the industry, to accelerate the sector’s drive to net zero.
• bring forward practical ideas which are almost ready for implementation on sites/in factories, and suitable for wider industry adoption.
• capitalise on the collective political, industry and societal demand to reduce our emissions levels and to
• harness the power and voice of young professionals already working in the sector, providing support to accelerate their practical ideas to implementation
The Dragon’s Den style panel will be chaired by Andrew Griffith, the Prime Minister’s Net Zero Champion.
The winning applicant will receive:
• support from a CLC member to develop and implement their proposal into the sector;
• a cash-prize of £1,000, kindly donated by the BMF; and,
• a 12-month mentoring arrangement with a CLC Business Leader.
Andrew Griffith MP – UK’s Net Zero Business Champion (Panel Chair)
Andy Mitchell – Co-chair Construction Leadership Council / CEO Thames Tideway
John Newcomb – CEO, Builders Merchants Federation
Chris Goodier – Loughborough University, Director of Centre for Innovative and Collaborative Construction Engineering (CICE) and Director of Doctoral Programmes, School of Architecture, Building & Civil Engineering
Adam Cane – Sustainability Lead, ACO Water Management
• 28 September: Closing date for entries;
• 29 September – 1 October: Co-ordinate entries;
• Week commencing 04 October: Short-listing;
• Week commencing 18 October: Dragon’s Den panel and successful applicant informed;
• Week commencing 25 October: Winner announcement.
If you think you have a practical idea that is almost ready for implementation on sites /in factories, and suitable for wider industry adoption send your proposal into the CLC here by midnight on the 28th September.
Read the press release here.