Andy Mitchell, on behalf of the CLC, has written to the Chancellor, The Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP to outline recommendation for the upcoming Autum Comprehensive Spending Review.
Areas covered by the letter are:-
- Support a net zero carbon retrofit programme for existing homes
- Ensuring vital building safety improvements are delivered
- Funding to unlock infrastructure that enables local regeneration programmes
- Maintain the UK as a global leader for digitalisation of the built environment, including National Digital Twin
- Ensuring skills capacity to match needs from planned investment programmes
- Demand-side support for the housing sector in accordance with the build back ‘better and greener’ philosophy
Read the letter here.