- Support the objective that all buildings are safe and occupants feel safe.
- Ensure the widest definition of building safety.
- Monitor and support the passage of the Building Safety Bill and the establishment of the Building Safety Regulator.
- Provide a strong and effective link with the work of the MHCLG Building Safety Programme, the HSE and the Industry Response Group.
- Linking with the many ongoing initiatives and work across the sector.
The group will also be linking with and building on the many reports published to date including Dame Judith Hackett’s report, the competency steering group report, and the guidance notes issued by MHCLG.